At our ArtStom Clinic in Prague, Czech Republic, all clients can have veneers placed.
What are veneers?
Veneers are special thin dental veneers that are used to improve the aesthetics of the teeth, for example, to correct minor bite irregularities or to make the smile more aesthetically pleasing. In addition, veneers can protect teeth from external influences, such as stains. This is the so-called "veneering of the teeth".
Types of veneers
Dental overlays (veneers) are divided into two main types:
Direct veneers can be made and placed at the time of the patient's appointment. Indirect veneers are made by the technician in advance after the necessary preparation. Veneers are also classified by the type of material:
- Ceramic. Classic ceramic onlays are beautiful, durable and strong. They are made beforehand of pressed ceramic, laid on a frame and fired in a furnace;
- Composite. They are made by an orthopedic surgeon from the same materials as the fillings - light polymer composite. Such onlays are also durable. They are easily correctable. Fixing these fillings takes one visit to the dentist in our clinic.
When a doctor in our clinic can recommend veneers to a patient?
- Outdated fillings on the front side of the tooth. These fillings usually severely damage the appearance of the smile.
- Large gaps between teeth or other bite defects. Overlays can help build a visually smooth and beautiful smile, hiding gaps and imperfections
- Unattractive tooth enamel color. Veneers will hide yellow or gray pigment and make your teeth whiter.
The main advantages of veneers
Veneers have a lot of advantages.
- Attractive appearance. Veneers make your smile look flawless.
- Naturalness. Thin veneers are invisible on the teeth.
- Long-lasting veneers. With extra care, they last up to 20 years.
- Simplicity. Our patients won't need to spend money for additional cosmetic procedures because veneers do not fester. You can drink coffee or tea without worrying about the color of your teeth.
- Comfort. Veneers don't cause discomfort. They are pleasant to the touch.
- Protection of natural teeth. Your teeth will be safe. Veneers won't allow food particles or bacteria to pass through.
- Teeth alignment. Veneers allow you to easily correct bite problems.
- Hypoallergenic. Coverings are made of safe and environmentally friendly materials that do not provoke allergic reactions. Therefore, you can have them made without fear for your health.
- Painlessness. The procedure of placement of veneers does not cause pain.
When veneers can not be placed? Contraindications
Unfortunately, in some cases veneers are contraindicated. Doctors at our clinic do not recommend the placement of veneers in such cases.
- Increased tooth wear.
- Bruxism. This is clenching of the jaws, grinding of teeth.
- Serious bite defects.
- Severe destruction of the inside of the teeth.
- Fluorosis is a dental disease caused by an overabundance of fluoride in the body.
- Lack of several chewing teeth.
Keep in mind that veneers will not be able to cover the lack of several teeth. In this case, we can recommend dental implants, which will be professionally performed by specialists at our clinic.
How long will the veneers last?
The period of use of veneers depends on many factors, such as the physiology of the teeth, the quality of fabrication and placement, care and compliance with recommendations. Our doctors use veneers that can last 10-12 years! If you want to be the happy owner of a beautiful smile without pain and as quickly as possible, contact us!